WPC stands for wood plastic composite. WPC is made of wood fiber/wood flour and thermoplastics. In addition to wood fiber and plastic, WPCs can also contain other lingo-cellulosic and/or inorganic filler materials. WPC is a subset of a large category of materials called natural fiber plastic composites.
Chemical additives seem practically “invisible” (except minerals fillers and pigments, if added) in the composite structure. They provide for the integration of polymer and wood flour (powder) while facilitating optimal processing conditions.
WPCs board is prepared by mixing the groundwood elements and heated thermoplastics resins while molding it into a required shape. Even recycles thermoplastics are used for preparing solid and useful WPC profiles.
Extruded WPCs are formed into both solid and hollow profiles.
Due to the addition of organic materials, WPCs are usually processed at far lower temperatures than traditional plastics during extrusion and injection molding.
- Environment Friendly.
- Whether resistant.
- Durable and easy to maintain.
- Low water absorption.
- Fire retardant up to cfl-S2-EN13501 Standards.
- Tensile strength 171 kgf/cm to ASTMD638-10.
- Termite proof.
Mode Of Finishing
Surya Kiran Fiber Industries introduces extruded WPC board in hollow profiles which insures light weight and the presence of vertical supports as you can visualize on intersection view above provides strength to the profiles.
And to strength further we have provision of inserting three seasoned wooden listics on each (left & right) sides(from left-most & right-most respectively) & for remaining hollow parts we use 6” of seasoned wooden listics from top and bottom. After the completion of above production procedure the board profiles then undergoes to edge banding process so as to get finishing touch.
- WPC boards come with assured quality. These boards consist of stabilizing agents, modifiers, foaming agents and such elements that requires strict mixing ratio. Due to the perfect blend of high quality materials, WPC boards become a high quality material.
- WPC can be molded into different shapes and sizes. If you are looking for a designer door made from WPC, it is possible as WPC gives a very rich look and fresh polishing. This is the reason it is used for doors, windows and home furnishing.
- WPC material is highly fire resistant. It provides fire protection and keeps furnishing safe.
- The WPC material undergoes modern and high end surface treatment through paint or thermal transfer which makes the WPC profile, doors look flourishing. The proficient surface treatment not only provides a unique look to WPC board door but also gives a ravishing look to the boards.
- It is an Environment friendly material which is safe to use. It remains untouched and unaffected from climatic conditions and provides security from water, fire and chemicals.
- It is promising and cost effective substitute to plywood.